Though most studios will send out their official weekend estimates later today, the three day totals have The Da Vinci Code in the second spot with about $33.5 million through Sunday, followed by Over the Hedge with $27.2 million and Mission: Impossible III, which looks to be running out of domestic gas, in the fourth spot with just $6.6 million in its fourth week of release. Though its numbers are down about 50% from last week (a fairly typical decline), The Da Vinci Code, which cost about $120 million to make, is now into profit on US sales alone, with total box office returns over $136 million.
When it comes out, I'll add the four day chart (the numbers on which will differ slightly from these) after the jump.
1. X-Men: The Last Stand, $120.1 million
2. The Da Vinci Code, $43.0 million
3. Over the Hedge, $35.3 million
4. Mission: Impossible III, $8.6 million
5. Poseidon, $7.0 million
6. RV, $5.3 million
7. See No Evil, $3.2 million
8. Just My Luck, $2.3 million
9. United 93, $1.1 million
10. An American Haunting, $0.9 million