The movie, which was written by Coppola and is budgeted at only $5 million, is based on a book by Romanian author Mircea Eliade and revolves around "Professor Stancislescu, an academic forced to become a fugitive" in 1930s Bucharest. The wonderful German actor Bruno Ganz (who recently received universal acclaim for his performance as Adolf Hitler in The Downfall) stars as Stancislescu, and he's joined in multi-national cast by Brit Tim Roth and Romanians Alexandra Maria Lara and Marcel Iures. It's hoped that the movie will be theaters some time next year, but a more specific date has yet to be pinned down.
- 'Big Hero 6' Directors Reveal Story Behind Wild New Trailer - Moviefone
- GM Almost Screwed Up 'Toy Story,' 'Cars,' & More - AutoBlog
- Colin Farrell, Taylor Kitsch Rumored for 'True Detective' - ScreenCrush
- Honest Trailers: 'Divergent' (Video) - ScreenJunkies
- 25 Best Romantic Comedies Since 'When Harry Met Sally' - Vulture
- 11 Loose Ends on 'True Blood' - POPSUGAR
- 10 Ways 'A Hard Day's Night' Changed the World - Vulture
- 20 Summer Romance Movies to Stream Now - POPSUGAR
- New 'The Walking Dead' Season 5 Photos - ScreenCrush
- What We Already Know About 'Star Wars: Episode VII' - POPSUGAR
Around the web
Stay Connected with Moviefone
Download the Free App!