Teri Hatcher has signed on to voice a dual role opposite Dakota Fanning in the animated film Coraline for Focus Features and the first film from Laika Entertainment, Phil Knight's animation studio based in Portland, Ore. Henry Selick (The Nightmare Before Christmas) is writing the screenplay and directing the film from the adaptation of Neil Gaiman's 2002 international best-seller. The New York Times summed up the tale as "a modern ghost story with all the creepy trimmings." Hatcher is supposed to play both the mother of the title character and Fanning's other mother in a parallel universe. Coraline will be made using computer-generated imagery whe she is in the "real" world, and it will use handheld stop-motion when she is in the parallel universe. Okay, Hatcher, Fanning and interesting animation aside, what I'm really excited about is the fact that Coraline will feature songs from They Might Be Giants.
- 29 Times Jennifer Lawrence Was a Badass on the Big Screen - POPSUGAR
- Watch Kristen Stewart in New Trailer (video) - HitFix
- 'Star Wars: Episode 7' Villains Revealed? - ScreenCrush
- Honest Trailers: 'Captain America: The Winter Soldier' (video) - ScreenJunkies
- Everything We Know About 'The Avengers 2: Age of Ultron' - Vulture
- Why 1999 Was the Best VMAs of All Time - POPSUGAR
- David Letterman Remembers Robin Williams - Vulture
- Who's Been in Jimmy Fallon's 'Ew!' Skit? (video) - POPSUGAR
- What Show Deserves the Best Drama Emmy? - Vulture
- 'Friday Night Lights' Star Joins 'Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.' - ScreenCrush
Around the web
Stay Connected with Moviefone
Download the Free App!