Teri Hatcher has signed on to voice a dual role opposite Dakota Fanning in the animated film Coraline for Focus Features and the first film from Laika Entertainment, Phil Knight's animation studio based in Portland, Ore. Henry Selick (The Nightmare Before Christmas) is writing the screenplay and directing the film from the adaptation of Neil Gaiman's 2002 international best-seller. The New York Times summed up the tale as "a modern ghost story with all the creepy trimmings." Hatcher is supposed to play both the mother of the title character and Fanning's other mother in a parallel universe. Coraline will be made using computer-generated imagery whe she is in the "real" world, and it will use handheld stop-motion when she is in the parallel universe. Okay, Hatcher, Fanning and interesting animation aside, what I'm really excited about is the fact that Coraline will feature songs from They Might Be Giants.
- 7 Wonderfully Weird Bill Murray Shenanigans - POPSUGAR
- Jon Stewart Shames NFL Over Ray Rice - HitFix
- 'Big Hero 6' Preview - ScreenCrush
- Honest Trailers: 'Godzilla' (2014) - ScreenJunkies
- 25 Comic-Book Movies That (Thankfully) Never Happened - Vulture
- These 11 Freaky 'American Horry Story' Gifs Will Give You Nightmares - POPSUGAR
- 16 Shameless Product Placements in TV & Movies - Vulture
- The 5 Best New Comedies This Fall - POPSUGAR
- See Anna Kendrick Singing in 'The Last 5 Years' - Vulture
- 'Frozen' Returning With New Animated Short - ScreenCrush
Around the web
Stay Connected with Moviefone
Download the Free App!