So, that's the simple, good news. Now we get to the fun part: Christopher Doyle, one of the world's best-known, best respect cinematographers (he shot such visually stunning works as Chungking Express, First Love: Litter on the Breeze, and Happy Together) was the "visual consultant" on Infernal Affairs and, in a recent interview, pulled no punches (for what it's worth, Doyle has never pulled a punch in his life) when asked about The Departed. Among other things, Doyle announced that "it makes [him] very sad to see Marty and so many others genre-fying and gentrifying himself into mediocrity," and then spent some time lamenting the director's apparent need "to suck box office, or studio, or whoever's dick he feels he needs to suck." Did I mention not pulling punches?
- 12 Actors You Forgot Were Child Stars - POPSUGAR
- Here's a Look at DC's 'Superman v. Batman' versus Marvel - HitFix
- 'Star Wars: Episode 7' Villains Revealed? - ScreenCrush
- Honest Trailers: 'Ghostbusters' (video) - ScreenJunkies
- Everything We Know About 'The Avengers 2: Age of Ultron' - Vulture
- Why 1999 Was the Best VMAs of All Time - POPSUGAR
- The Highs & Lows of the 2014 Emmys - Vulture
- 19 Amazing Kristen Wiig Moments From 'Bridesmaids' - POPSUGAR
- Woody Harrelson & Matthew McConaughey Charm at the Emmys - Vulture
- Superman & Lois Lane Take the Ice Bucket Challenge - ScreenCrush
Around the web
Stay Connected with Moviefone
Download the Free App!