So, that's the simple, good news. Now we get to the fun part: Christopher Doyle, one of the world's best-known, best respect cinematographers (he shot such visually stunning works as Chungking Express, First Love: Litter on the Breeze, and Happy Together) was the "visual consultant" on Infernal Affairs and, in a recent interview, pulled no punches (for what it's worth, Doyle has never pulled a punch in his life) when asked about The Departed. Among other things, Doyle announced that "it makes [him] very sad to see Marty and so many others genre-fying and gentrifying himself into mediocrity," and then spent some time lamenting the director's apparent need "to suck box office, or studio, or whoever's dick he feels he needs to suck." Did I mention not pulling punches?
- Rock Out With These Epic Singing Scenes From Movies - POPSUGAR
- Charles Dance aka Tywin Lannister Drops 'Game of Thrones' Rumors - HitFix
- See The Latest 'Interstellar' Posters - ScreenCrush
- Honest Trailers: 'Godzilla' (2014) - ScreenJunkies
- 25 Comic-Book Movies That (Thankfully) Never Happened - Vulture
- Don't Look at These Horror Movie GIFs With the Light Off - POPSUGAR
- Keanu Reeves Had a Home Invader Chilling in His Library - Vulture
- The 5 Best New Comedies This Fall - POPSUGAR
- The 17 Worst Ways to Be Killed by Liam Neeson - Vulture
- 'Frozen' Returning With New Animated Short - ScreenCrush
Around the web
Stay Connected with Moviefone
Download the Free App!