Originally, Kevin Kline was expected to play the magician, which (for me at least) gave the movie most of its potential appeal -- a pissed-off, over-the-hill magician Kevin Kline could only be a wonderful thing. Unfortunately, however, those negotiations seems to have fallen through, and John Malkovich has been brought on board to play the role. (He's apparently everyone's #1 second choice at the moment.) Needless to say, this is a casting change that completely alters the feel of the movie -- it'll be interesting to see how it turns out.
- 7 Wonderfully Weird Bill Murray Shenanigans - POPSUGAR
- Jon Stewart Shames NFL Over Ray Rice - HitFix
- 'Big Hero 6' Preview - ScreenCrush
- Honest Trailers: 'Godzilla' (2014) - ScreenJunkies
- 25 Comic-Book Movies That (Thankfully) Never Happened - Vulture
- These 11 Freaky 'American Horry Story' Gifs Will Give You Nightmares - POPSUGAR
- 16 Shameless Product Placements in TV & Movies - Vulture
- The 5 Best New Comedies This Fall - POPSUGAR
- See Anna Kendrick Singing in 'The Last 5 Years' - Vulture
- 'Frozen' Returning With New Animated Short - ScreenCrush
Around the web
Stay Connected with Moviefone
Download the Free App!