Originally, Kevin Kline was expected to play the magician, which (for me at least) gave the movie most of its potential appeal -- a pissed-off, over-the-hill magician Kevin Kline could only be a wonderful thing. Unfortunately, however, those negotiations seems to have fallen through, and John Malkovich has been brought on board to play the role. (He's apparently everyone's #1 second choice at the moment.) Needless to say, this is a casting change that completely alters the feel of the movie -- it'll be interesting to see how it turns out.
- 29 Times Jennifer Lawrence Was a Badass on the Big Screen - POPSUGAR
- Watch Kristen Stewart in New Trailer (video) - HitFix
- 'Star Wars: Episode 7' Villains Revealed? - ScreenCrush
- Honest Trailers: 'Captain America: The Winter Soldier' (video) - ScreenJunkies
- Everything We Know About 'The Avengers 2: Age of Ultron' - Vulture
- Why 1999 Was the Best VMAs of All Time - POPSUGAR
- David Letterman Remembers Robin Williams - Vulture
- Who's Been in Jimmy Fallon's 'Ew!' Skit? (video) - POPSUGAR
- What Show Deserves the Best Drama Emmy? - Vulture
- 'Friday Night Lights' Star Joins 'Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.' - ScreenCrush
Around the web
Stay Connected with Moviefone
Download the Free App!