The major hold up currently seems to be the number of theaters capable of handling the 3D action. Lucas and company are hoping for two or three thousand (they consider this the point when it would become truly economically advantageous to release the films), while slightly over 1500 currently exist. With this round, George Lucas may well finally claim the number one box office total (in cash dollars, not ticket sales) spot from the Titanic. His re-release of the classic trilogy prior to Episode 1 certainly put him within striking distance, and a new round of showings with added 3D glory might give him the final jump he needs.
- 'Big Hero 6' Directors Reveal Story Behind Wild New Trailer - Moviefone
- Jacki Weaver Talks Woody Allen, 'Magic in the Moonlight' - UInterview
- The Official 'Hateful Eight' Poster Is Here - ScreenCrush
- Honest Trailers: 'Divergent' (Video) - ScreenJunkies
- Iggy Azalea Will Be in 'Fast & Furious 7' - Vulture
- Who Should Be The Next Bachelor? - POPSUGAR
- James Gunn on Directing 'Guardians of the Galaxy' - Vulture
- 20 Summer Romance Movies to Stream Now - POPSUGAR
- The Movie That Made Robert De Niro Bankable - Vulture
- See All the Pictures From 'Mockingjay - Part 1' - POPSUGAR
Around the web
Stay Connected with Moviefone
Download the Free App!