The upcoming movies listed for the AMC Select program are big-name, well-known films such as An Inconvenient Truth, Little Miss Sunshine, and A Prairie Home Companion. No foreign-language or micro-budget films were listed. AMC isn't taking any real risks with this venture or giving screens to films that might not have theatrical play otherwise. These are all films you might see in a Landmark-owned theater. The article also doesn't mention which cities AMC will target with this new program -- are they the same cities that already have Landmark or other arthouse theaters, or is AMC planning to bring these indy films to new cities? Will the AMC Select program really lure more people into theaters, or simply draw them away from competing theaters?
- 'Big Hero 6' Directors Reveal Story Behind Wild New Trailer - Moviefone
- GM Almost Screwed Up 'Toy Story,' 'Cars,' & More - AutoBlog
- Colin Farrell, Taylor Kitsch Rumored for 'True Detective' - ScreenCrush
- Honest Trailers: 'Divergent' (Video) - ScreenJunkies
- 25 Best Romantic Comedies Since 'When Harry Met Sally' - Vulture
- 11 Loose Ends on 'True Blood' - POPSUGAR
- 10 Ways 'A Hard Day's Night' Changed the World - Vulture
- 20 Summer Romance Movies to Stream Now - POPSUGAR
- New 'The Walking Dead' Season 5 Photos - ScreenCrush
- What We Already Know About 'Star Wars: Episode VII' - POPSUGAR
Around the web
Stay Connected with Moviefone
Download the Free App!