- Remember a
few months ago, when Anne Hathaway got
pregnantthe lead in Judd Apatow's Knocked Up? Well, that relationship is totally over -- there was no baby and Hathaway bailed for unspecified reasons. Apatow is probably OK with her departure, though, since her replacement, Katherine Heigl of Grey's Anatomy fame, is much hotter (plus, she can act a little bit).
- The cast of Superman Returns has generously agreed (read: had no choice) to lend their voices to EA's and Warner Brothers' video game tie-in. And Brandon Routh is not only talking, but he's letting the main character look like him -- I bet they're even sticking those weird motion sensor things all over his body, so that the game's version of Superman actual moves like the great Brandon. Mmm ... compulsory promotional tie-ins.
- Ian McShane has joined Matthews Fox and McConaughey in the cast of We Are... Marshall, Warner Brothers' based-on-a-true-story drama about the aftermath of a plane crash that took the lives of much of the Marshall University football team in 1970. McShane will play "a steel mill exec who ... loses a son in the crash," and also happens to be a member of the University's board. Needless to say, those c*cksuckers have no idea what they're up against.
- In the style of Looking for Richard, his documentary about a stage production of Richard III (in which he starred), Al Pacino has announced plans for Salomaybe?, a mostly-documentary look at the production of Salome that is currently running in LA. Pacino plays King Herod in the play, and will direct the movie; he hopes to have it done and ready for festivals by the end of the year. (Meanwhile, the search begins for another pun-worthy play in which he can appear. The Pacino of the Opera, anyone?)
- 30 Spooky Movie Couples - POPSUGAR
- 10 Ludicrous Villains That Were Terrible Horror Monsters - HitFix
- Benedict Cumberbatch Will Star in Marvel's 'Doctor Strange' - ScreenCrush
- Honest Trailers: 'X-Men: Days of Future Past' (2014) - ScreenJunkies
- Neil Patrick Harris Will Have a Variety Show - Vulture
- These Actors Were Almost Cast in 'The Hunger Games' - POPSUGAR
- Vulture's Most Valuable Stars of 2014 - Vulture
- 15 Pop-Culture Costumes That Take Very Little Effort - POPSUGAR
- 15 New Details About 'Interstellar' - Vulture
- Best Horror Movies Ever - Rotten Tomatoes