In Hollywood, in appears, old scripts never die -- instead, they just show up at another studio, with some new names attached. Such is the case with Gnomeo and Juliet: The project has been transfered over to Miramax. As you might expect, Sir Elton is just thrilled to bits at the development -- his project, you see, is "edgy" (Dude, it's an animated romance. Have you not seen anything Disney has made over the past 50 years?), and "Miramax is the perfect home to push the envelope in animation." He's clearly just making things up here, but if Elton's happy, we're happy. He's also undoubtedly pleased that, despite all the shuffling around with the movie, Kate Winslet is reportedly still on board to voice Juliet. Hooray for that.
- 12 Actors You Forgot Were Child Stars - POPSUGAR
- Here's a Look at DC's 'Superman v. Batman' versus Marvel - HitFix
- 'Star Wars: Episode 7' Villains Revealed? - ScreenCrush
- Honest Trailers: 'Ghostbusters' (video) - ScreenJunkies
- Everything We Know About 'The Avengers 2: Age of Ultron' - Vulture
- Why 1999 Was the Best VMAs of All Time - POPSUGAR
- The Highs & Lows of the 2014 Emmys - Vulture
- 19 Amazing Kristen Wiig Moments From 'Bridesmaids' - POPSUGAR
- Woody Harrelson & Matthew McConaughey Charm at the Emmys - Vulture
- Superman & Lois Lane Take the Ice Bucket Challenge - ScreenCrush
Around the web
Stay Connected with Moviefone
Download the Free App!