In Hollywood, in appears, old scripts never die -- instead, they just show up at another studio, with some new names attached. Such is the case with Gnomeo and Juliet: The project has been transfered over to Miramax. As you might expect, Sir Elton is just thrilled to bits at the development -- his project, you see, is "edgy" (Dude, it's an animated romance. Have you not seen anything Disney has made over the past 50 years?), and "Miramax is the perfect home to push the envelope in animation." He's clearly just making things up here, but if Elton's happy, we're happy. He's also undoubtedly pleased that, despite all the shuffling around with the movie, Kate Winslet is reportedly still on board to voice Juliet. Hooray for that.
- 7 Wonderfully Weird Bill Murray Shenanigans - POPSUGAR
- Jon Stewart Shames NFL Over Ray Rice - HitFix
- 'Big Hero 6' Preview - ScreenCrush
- Honest Trailers: 'Godzilla' (2014) - ScreenJunkies
- 25 Comic-Book Movies That (Thankfully) Never Happened - Vulture
- These 11 Freaky 'American Horry Story' Gifs Will Give You Nightmares - POPSUGAR
- 16 Shameless Product Placements in TV & Movies - Vulture
- The 5 Best New Comedies This Fall - POPSUGAR
- See Anna Kendrick Singing in 'The Last 5 Years' - Vulture
- 'Frozen' Returning With New Animated Short - ScreenCrush
Around the web
Stay Connected with Moviefone
Download the Free App!