Lionsgate's Panamax experiment begins on Friday, when the romantic comedy La Mujer de mi hermano is released in about 200 theaters. While that number is a far cry from the thousands of screens that major releases hit on their debut weekends, Panamax is fully committed to finding that Spanish-speaking audience, and even pushed the film's release back by several months in order to allow more time for advertising. When the film, which features an ethnically diverse cast, was released in Latin American last year, it reached the top of the box office in several countries, and was the highest-grossing R-rated film in Mexico during 2005.
- 'Big Hero 6' Directors Reveal Story Behind Wild New Trailer - Moviefone
- Jacki Weaver Talks Woody Allen, 'Magic in the Moonlight' - UInterview
- The Official 'Hateful Eight' Poster Is Here - ScreenCrush
- Honest Trailers: 'Divergent' (Video) - ScreenJunkies
- Iggy Azalea Will Be in 'Fast & Furious 7' - Vulture
- Who Should Be The Next Bachelor? - POPSUGAR
- James Gunn on Directing 'Guardians of the Galaxy' - Vulture
- 20 Summer Romance Movies to Stream Now - POPSUGAR
- The Movie That Made Robert De Niro Bankable - Vulture
- See All the Pictures From 'Mockingjay - Part 1' - POPSUGAR
Around the web
Stay Connected with Moviefone
Download the Free App!