Lionsgate's Panamax experiment begins on Friday, when the romantic comedy La Mujer de mi hermano is released in about 200 theaters. While that number is a far cry from the thousands of screens that major releases hit on their debut weekends, Panamax is fully committed to finding that Spanish-speaking audience, and even pushed the film's release back by several months in order to allow more time for advertising. When the film, which features an ethnically diverse cast, was released in Latin American last year, it reached the top of the box office in several countries, and was the highest-grossing R-rated film in Mexico during 2005.
- 29 Times Jennifer Lawrence Was a Badass on the Big Screen - POPSUGAR
- Watch Kristen Stewart in New Trailer (video) - HitFix
- 'Star Wars: Episode 7' Villains Revealed? - ScreenCrush
- Honest Trailers: 'Captain America: The Winter Soldier' (video) - ScreenJunkies
- Everything We Know About 'The Avengers 2: Age of Ultron' - Vulture
- Why 1999 Was the Best VMAs of All Time - POPSUGAR
- David Letterman Remembers Robin Williams - Vulture
- Who's Been in Jimmy Fallon's 'Ew!' Skit? (video) - POPSUGAR
- What Show Deserves the Best Drama Emmy? - Vulture
- 'Friday Night Lights' Star Joins 'Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.' - ScreenCrush
Around the web
Stay Connected with Moviefone
Download the Free App!