- Playwright Martin McDonagh always wanted to be a director, and now his live-action short, Six Shooter, has won an Academy Award.
- Universal is getting a lot of criticism, but it's not going to pull the trailer for United 93.
- The "Times Pulse" says that Basic Instinct 2 is the most popular movie among New York Times readers. That's probably why it came in 10th in the box office this weekend. Its opening weekend.
- I had no idea that Mary Harron, who directed American Psycho, also directed the new flick The Notorious Bettie Page, with Gretchen Mol as the famous 50s pinup icon.
- The new baseball season started yesterday, and the paper gives a
rundown of the twelve baseball movies being celebrated at MoMA. But it's woefully incomplete. I mean, no mention of
good flicks like Rookie of the Year, Little Big League, or Fever Pitch? Any of those movies
are better than Cobb.
- 12 Actors You Forgot Were Child Stars - POPSUGAR
- Here's a Look at DC's 'Superman v. Batman' versus Marvel - HitFix
- 'Star Wars: Episode 7' Villains Revealed? - ScreenCrush
- Honest Trailers: 'Ghostbusters' (video) - ScreenJunkies
- Everything We Know About 'The Avengers 2: Age of Ultron' - Vulture
- Why 1999 Was the Best VMAs of All Time - POPSUGAR
- The Highs & Lows of the 2014 Emmys - Vulture
- 19 Amazing Kristen Wiig Moments From 'Bridesmaids' - POPSUGAR
- Woody Harrelson & Matthew McConaughey Charm at the Emmys - Vulture
- Superman & Lois Lane Take the Ice Bucket Challenge - ScreenCrush
Around the web
Stay Connected with Moviefone
Download the Free App!