- Playwright Martin McDonagh always wanted to be a director, and now his live-action short, Six Shooter, has won an Academy Award.
- Universal is getting a lot of criticism, but it's not going to pull the trailer for United 93.
- The "Times Pulse" says that Basic Instinct 2 is the most popular movie among New York Times readers. That's probably why it came in 10th in the box office this weekend. Its opening weekend.
- I had no idea that Mary Harron, who directed American Psycho, also directed the new flick The Notorious Bettie Page, with Gretchen Mol as the famous 50s pinup icon.
- The new baseball season started yesterday, and the paper gives a
rundown of the twelve baseball movies being celebrated at MoMA. But it's woefully incomplete. I mean, no mention of
good flicks like Rookie of the Year, Little Big League, or Fever Pitch? Any of those movies
are better than Cobb.
- 20 Disney GIFs That Accurately Describe Your Adult Life - POPSUGAR
- Is There Too Much TV to Watch? - Vulture
- The Controversial Tweets About 'American Sniper' - POPSUGAR
- Honest Trailer: 'Gone Girl' - ScreenJunkies
- Tarantino Starts Shooting 'Hateful Eight' - ScreenCrush
- This Matthew McConaughey 'Dazed and Confused' Audition Is Amazing - POPSUGAR
- 11 TV Shows From 2014 to Binge Watch Right Now - Rotten Tomatoes
- What's Leaving Netflix in February - POPSUGAR
- A$AP Rocky Heads to the Big Screen - Vulture
- 20 Things About James Bond Movies You Might Not Have Known - ScreenCrush