Currently trying to cast her star, Spheeris is meeting with a dizzying, often troubling array of ladies for the role. According to the British press, among those she's seen are Zooey Deschanel (breathe, fanboys), Lindsay Lohan, and Pink; in addition she hopes to meet with Scarlett Johansson in the near future, and Britney Spears is reportedly interested in the role. YIKES! Talk about a minefield. I'm going to try to control myself here and not rip into La Lohan and Miss Scarlett (Can some man please explain her appeal to me, by the way? Sexiest woman in the world? What?!) - instead, I'll just say that I'm glad Spheeris, by all appearances, is avoiding Spears like the plague. In addition (if the press reports are to be believed), the director says Pink, who rocks, is her first choice, and is likely to be kept out of the project only by scheduling conflicts - so, if all goes well, we just might be saved from watching some scrawny little girl try to play Joplin.
- 29 Times Jennifer Lawrence Was a Badass on the Big Screen - POPSUGAR
- Watch Kristen Stewart in New Trailer (video) - HitFix
- 'Star Wars: Episode 7' Villains Revealed? - ScreenCrush
- Honest Trailers: 'Captain America: The Winter Soldier' (video) - ScreenJunkies
- Everything We Know About 'The Avengers 2: Age of Ultron' - Vulture
- Why 1999 Was the Best VMAs of All Time - POPSUGAR
- David Letterman Remembers Robin Williams - Vulture
- Who's Been in Jimmy Fallon's 'Ew!' Skit? (video) - POPSUGAR
- What Show Deserves the Best Drama Emmy? - Vulture
- 'Friday Night Lights' Star Joins 'Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.' - ScreenCrush
Around the web
Stay Connected with Moviefone
Download the Free App!