Currently trying to cast her star, Spheeris is meeting with a dizzying, often troubling array of ladies for the role. According to the British press, among those she's seen are Zooey Deschanel (breathe, fanboys), Lindsay Lohan, and Pink; in addition she hopes to meet with Scarlett Johansson in the near future, and Britney Spears is reportedly interested in the role. YIKES! Talk about a minefield. I'm going to try to control myself here and not rip into La Lohan and Miss Scarlett (Can some man please explain her appeal to me, by the way? Sexiest woman in the world? What?!) - instead, I'll just say that I'm glad Spheeris, by all appearances, is avoiding Spears like the plague. In addition (if the press reports are to be believed), the director says Pink, who rocks, is her first choice, and is likely to be kept out of the project only by scheduling conflicts - so, if all goes well, we just might be saved from watching some scrawny little girl try to play Joplin.
- Rock Out With These Epic Singing Scenes From Movies - POPSUGAR
- Charles Dance aka Tywin Lannister Drops 'Game of Thrones' Rumors - HitFix
- See The Latest 'Interstellar' Posters - ScreenCrush
- Honest Trailers: 'Godzilla' (2014) - ScreenJunkies
- 25 Comic-Book Movies That (Thankfully) Never Happened - Vulture
- Don't Look at These Horror Movie GIFs With the Light Off - POPSUGAR
- Keanu Reeves Had a Home Invader Chilling in His Library - Vulture
- The 5 Best New Comedies This Fall - POPSUGAR
- The 17 Worst Ways to Be Killed by Liam Neeson - Vulture
- 'Frozen' Returning With New Animated Short - ScreenCrush
Around the web
Stay Connected with Moviefone
Download the Free App!