According to Variety, in recognition of the centennial, Cinecitta is going to be restoring and issuing new prints of ten of his films. Using master prints (to which they just recently managed to acquire the rights), the studio will be reissuing such masterpieces as Open City, Germany: Year Zero, Stromboli, and Journey to Italy. Though Variety's report only mentions home video and television distribution, one assumes that the prints will be offered to theaters, as well - maybe it's not totally unreasonable to dream that, next year, a Rossellini retrospective will tour the US, completely with gorgeous new prints.
- 12 Actors You Forgot Were Child Stars - POPSUGAR
- Here's a Look at DC's 'Superman v. Batman' versus Marvel - HitFix
- 'Star Wars: Episode 7' Villains Revealed? - ScreenCrush
- Honest Trailers: 'Ghostbusters' (video) - ScreenJunkies
- Everything We Know About 'The Avengers 2: Age of Ultron' - Vulture
- Why 1999 Was the Best VMAs of All Time - POPSUGAR
- The Highs & Lows of the 2014 Emmys - Vulture
- 19 Amazing Kristen Wiig Moments From 'Bridesmaids' - POPSUGAR
- Woody Harrelson & Matthew McConaughey Charm at the Emmys - Vulture
- Superman & Lois Lane Take the Ice Bucket Challenge - ScreenCrush
Around the web
Stay Connected with Moviefone
Download the Free App!