According to Variety, in recognition of the centennial, Cinecitta is going to be restoring and issuing new prints of ten of his films. Using master prints (to which they just recently managed to acquire the rights), the studio will be reissuing such masterpieces as Open City, Germany: Year Zero, Stromboli, and Journey to Italy. Though Variety's report only mentions home video and television distribution, one assumes that the prints will be offered to theaters, as well - maybe it's not totally unreasonable to dream that, next year, a Rossellini retrospective will tour the US, completely with gorgeous new prints.
- Rock Out With These Epic Singing Scenes From Movies - POPSUGAR
- Charles Dance aka Tywin Lannister Drops 'Game of Thrones' Rumors - HitFix
- See The Latest 'Interstellar' Posters - ScreenCrush
- Honest Trailers: 'Godzilla' (2014) - ScreenJunkies
- 25 Comic-Book Movies That (Thankfully) Never Happened - Vulture
- Don't Look at These Horror Movie GIFs With the Light Off - POPSUGAR
- Keanu Reeves Had a Home Invader Chilling in His Library - Vulture
- The 5 Best New Comedies This Fall - POPSUGAR
- The 17 Worst Ways to Be Killed by Liam Neeson - Vulture
- 'Frozen' Returning With New Animated Short - ScreenCrush
Around the web
Stay Connected with Moviefone
Download the Free App!