Universal, also, digs the concept and, after a decade of hemming and hawing and almost casting Michael Douglas, they've hired Will Smith to star in their movie version. (Wow, that was a near thing - Michael Douglas doing anything remotely cool is less and less convincing. Plus, I still get a kick out of race-blind casting. So sue me.) The script is currently being revamped by David Elliot and Paul Lovett, who reportedly have the "fresh take" that has finally brought the movie to the forefront of Universal's schedule. Hopefully that take involves a sense of humor and lightness, as opposed to a need to turn the series into another all action, all the time Smith flick.
- Rock Out With These Epic Singing Scenes From Movies - POPSUGAR
- Charles Dance aka Tywin Lannister Drops 'Game of Thrones' Rumors - HitFix
- See The Latest 'Interstellar' Posters - ScreenCrush
- Honest Trailers: 'Godzilla' (2014) - ScreenJunkies
- 25 Comic-Book Movies That (Thankfully) Never Happened - Vulture
- Don't Look at These Horror Movie GIFs With the Light Off - POPSUGAR
- Keanu Reeves Had a Home Invader Chilling in His Library - Vulture
- The 5 Best New Comedies This Fall - POPSUGAR
- The 17 Worst Ways to Be Killed by Liam Neeson - Vulture
- 'Frozen' Returning With New Animated Short - ScreenCrush
Around the web
Stay Connected with Moviefone
Download the Free App!