According to the usually reliable Jim Hill, Robinsons has a great opening and a wonderful ending - but the middle is a bit of a mess. Said a source, "It's the scene where Wilbur first meets the Robinsons where this film really starts to go off track. I mean, the screen is suddenly filled with all of these characters who are behaving oddly because they're supposed to seen as colorful eccentrics." Though the original storyboards were said to be nearly "perfect," the film underwent a lot of changes - most of them motivated by David Stainton, then the company's new head of Feature Animation - in the transition to celluloid, and Pixar is quietly being asked to clean out as many of the changes as possible (in an uncredited, unacknowledged sort of way).
- 7 Wonderfully Weird Bill Murray Shenanigans - POPSUGAR
- Jon Stewart Shames NFL Over Ray Rice - HitFix
- 'Big Hero 6' Preview - ScreenCrush
- Honest Trailers: 'Godzilla' (2014) - ScreenJunkies
- 25 Comic-Book Movies That (Thankfully) Never Happened - Vulture
- These 11 Freaky 'American Horry Story' Gifs Will Give You Nightmares - POPSUGAR
- 16 Shameless Product Placements in TV & Movies - Vulture
- The 5 Best New Comedies This Fall - POPSUGAR
- See Anna Kendrick Singing in 'The Last 5 Years' - Vulture
- 'Frozen' Returning With New Animated Short - ScreenCrush
Around the web
Stay Connected with Moviefone
Download the Free App!