Over the years, the movie rights changed hands many times (they started with Mark Amin at Trimark) as small production houses broke up or were swallowed up, and as executives moved. In the middle of all the shuffling around, a deal was struck with Blockbuster (through DEJ Productions) to finance and distribute the film; that deal, in turn, got it greenlit. In post-production now, the movie - entitled Peaceful Warrior - was directed by Victor Salva (best known for Jeepers Creepers, oddly enough) and stars Scott Mechlowicz as Millman (the book is a "blend" of fact and fiction, with a central character who shares a name with its author) and Nick Nolte as Socrates, his mysterious teacher. When Blockbuster offloaded DEJ, they kept the distribution rights to Peaceful Warrior, which were just purchased by Lionsgate; the film will be in theaters in early June.
- 12 Actors You Forgot Were Child Stars - POPSUGAR
- Here's a Look at DC's 'Superman v. Batman' versus Marvel - HitFix
- 'Star Wars: Episode 7' Villains Revealed? - ScreenCrush
- Honest Trailers: 'Ghostbusters' (video) - ScreenJunkies
- Everything We Know About 'The Avengers 2: Age of Ultron' - Vulture
- Why 1999 Was the Best VMAs of All Time - POPSUGAR
- The Highs & Lows of the 2014 Emmys - Vulture
- 19 Amazing Kristen Wiig Moments From 'Bridesmaids' - POPSUGAR
- Woody Harrelson & Matthew McConaughey Charm at the Emmys - Vulture
- Superman & Lois Lane Take the Ice Bucket Challenge - ScreenCrush
Around the web
Stay Connected with Moviefone
Download the Free App!