- That lucky Steve Carell has scored himself a gorgeous, French girlfriend, at least for as long as he's on the set of Dan in Real Life. According to Variety, Juliette Binoche has signed on to co-star with everyone's favorite dork in the film, in which Carell plays a widower with three daughters and an advice column. As happens to everyone who's ever written advice in a movie, he finds that his techniques don't work when he falls in love with his brother's girlfriend (that's Binoche).
- Because even being an oil baron is cheaper in Canada, the people at 20th Century Fox are at least considered shooting their big-screen version of Dallas in Toronto. For obvious reasons, the city of Dallas has some issues with this idea, and is both passing (as-yet unfunded) economic incentives for the production and wearing tshirts that read "Shoot JR in Texas." Not overly concerned about authenticity, Calgary ("East of here, we have prairies all over the place"), Louisiana, and Florida have also thrown their hats into the Dallas ring. The movie is due to start filming this fall - my money's on Toronto.
- According to media reporters, the newly-serious (at
least, that's what she keeps telling us) Sandra
Bullock is going to be spending some time in Peyton
Place. No, it's not (shockingly) a remake - instead, she's making a movie about the life of the book's author,
Grace Metalious. Apparently, her "million-selling novel
scandalized the nation 50 years ago and eventually ruined the author’s life." Who knew? Bullock is both producing and starring in the film, which
will be written by Bee
Season's Naomi Foner.
- The Best of the Bond Girls - POPSUGAR
- Is This the Greatest Best Actor Class Ever? - HitFix
- Christian Bale Is Our Least Relatable Movie Star - Vulture
- Honest Trailer: 'Dawn of the Planet of the Apes' - ScreenJunkies
- Stephen Hawking Wants to Play a Bond Villain - Vulture
- 21 Holiday Romances to Stream on Netflix - POPSUGAR
- Watch Stephen Colbert Interview Smaug - ScreenCrush
- 14 Comic Book Adaptations We Want to See - Rotten Tomatoes
- Here Are the 'Star Wars: Episode VII' Character Names - POPSUGAR
- The 30 Best Lines From Paul Thomas Anderson Films - ScreenCrush