Variety reports this morning that the lucky studio is Paramount, which has assigned the film to producer partners Dan Jinks and Bruce Cohen. Though it's far too early to even have a screenwriter on board, even a cynic like myself has to admit that this project is loaded with potential. First of all, the many encounters in the book lend themselves naturally to a picking choosing process, by which a writer can easily craft a narrative made up of the best/funniest/most awful of them. Secondly, the fact that Headley actually MARRIED ONE OF THE MEN gives story a magical - and true - happy ending. Third, and perhaps most importantly, Jinks and Cohen make good, sometimes unusual films. Together they produced American Beauty, Down with Love, and Big Fish, three films that are distinctive and quirky enough to lead one to the shocking conclusion that the pair might actually be more interested in originality than following box office trends.
- 12 Actors You Forgot Were Child Stars - POPSUGAR
- Here's a Look at DC's 'Superman v. Batman' versus Marvel - HitFix
- 'Star Wars: Episode 7' Villains Revealed? - ScreenCrush
- Honest Trailers: 'Ghostbusters' (video) - ScreenJunkies
- Everything We Know About 'The Avengers 2: Age of Ultron' - Vulture
- Why 1999 Was the Best VMAs of All Time - POPSUGAR
- The Highs & Lows of the 2014 Emmys - Vulture
- 19 Amazing Kristen Wiig Moments From 'Bridesmaids' - POPSUGAR
- Woody Harrelson & Matthew McConaughey Charm at the Emmys - Vulture
- Superman & Lois Lane Take the Ice Bucket Challenge - ScreenCrush
Around the web
Stay Connected with Moviefone
Download the Free App!