Variety reports this morning that the lucky studio is Paramount, which has assigned the film to producer partners Dan Jinks and Bruce Cohen. Though it's far too early to even have a screenwriter on board, even a cynic like myself has to admit that this project is loaded with potential. First of all, the many encounters in the book lend themselves naturally to a picking choosing process, by which a writer can easily craft a narrative made up of the best/funniest/most awful of them. Secondly, the fact that Headley actually MARRIED ONE OF THE MEN gives story a magical - and true - happy ending. Third, and perhaps most importantly, Jinks and Cohen make good, sometimes unusual films. Together they produced American Beauty, Down with Love, and Big Fish, three films that are distinctive and quirky enough to lead one to the shocking conclusion that the pair might actually be more interested in originality than following box office trends.
- Rock Out With These Epic Singing Scenes From Movies - POPSUGAR
- Charles Dance aka Tywin Lannister Drops 'Game of Thrones' Rumors - HitFix
- See The Latest 'Interstellar' Posters - ScreenCrush
- Honest Trailers: 'Godzilla' (2014) - ScreenJunkies
- 25 Comic-Book Movies That (Thankfully) Never Happened - Vulture
- Don't Look at These Horror Movie GIFs With the Light Off - POPSUGAR
- Keanu Reeves Had a Home Invader Chilling in His Library - Vulture
- The 5 Best New Comedies This Fall - POPSUGAR
- The 17 Worst Ways to Be Killed by Liam Neeson - Vulture
- 'Frozen' Returning With New Animated Short - ScreenCrush
Around the web
Stay Connected with Moviefone
Download the Free App!