At last night's ceremony, The Chronicles of Narnia surprised no one by kicking the asses of all the other morally righteous films, and took home $50,000 in the process. Nominated in both the Most Inspiring Movie and Best Family Movie categories, Aslan and friends defeated such films as Charlie and the Chocolate Factory, March of the Penguins, and Danny Boyle's Millions to win both awards. Also walking away with some cash were a trio of first-time screenwriters who wrote "spiritually uplifting" screenplays; David Anthony, whose John, The Revelator took the top prize, gets $25,000, and his work will be read by "top executives at...Disney, Sony, Warner Brothers, Fox, [and] DreamWorks." Well, damn. Beat that, non-Christian Oscars.
- 7 Wonderfully Weird Bill Murray Shenanigans - POPSUGAR
- Jon Stewart Shames NFL Over Ray Rice - HitFix
- 'Big Hero 6' Preview - ScreenCrush
- Honest Trailers: 'Godzilla' (2014) - ScreenJunkies
- 25 Comic-Book Movies That (Thankfully) Never Happened - Vulture
- These 11 Freaky 'American Horry Story' Gifs Will Give You Nightmares - POPSUGAR
- 16 Shameless Product Placements in TV & Movies - Vulture
- The 5 Best New Comedies This Fall - POPSUGAR
- See Anna Kendrick Singing in 'The Last 5 Years' - Vulture
- 'Frozen' Returning With New Animated Short - ScreenCrush
Around the web
Stay Connected with Moviefone
Download the Free App!