Yes, seven of the eight films are Korean (A Snake of June is Japanese) - apparently that's what passes for "Asian" these days. China? Hong Kong? Never heard of them. And yes, the whole "Asia Extreme!" marketing gimmick is idiotic and offensive. But the fact is that it's great these movies are going to be on cable, no matter the context. It will be interesting, however, to see if Sundance still cares about airing these films when the current buzz over Korean film expires - that's when such a block will really be appreciated by fans of Asian cinema.
- 29 Times Jennifer Lawrence Was a Badass on the Big Screen - POPSUGAR
- Watch Kristen Stewart in New Trailer (video) - HitFix
- 'Star Wars: Episode 7' Villains Revealed? - ScreenCrush
- Honest Trailers: 'Captain America: The Winter Soldier' (video) - ScreenJunkies
- Everything We Know About 'The Avengers 2: Age of Ultron' - Vulture
- Why 1999 Was the Best VMAs of All Time - POPSUGAR
- David Letterman Remembers Robin Williams - Vulture
- Who's Been in Jimmy Fallon's 'Ew!' Skit? (video) - POPSUGAR
- What Show Deserves the Best Drama Emmy? - Vulture
- 'Friday Night Lights' Star Joins 'Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.' - ScreenCrush
Around the web
Stay Connected with Moviefone
Download the Free App!