Yes, seven of the eight films are Korean (A Snake of June is Japanese) - apparently that's what passes for "Asian" these days. China? Hong Kong? Never heard of them. And yes, the whole "Asia Extreme!" marketing gimmick is idiotic and offensive. But the fact is that it's great these movies are going to be on cable, no matter the context. It will be interesting, however, to see if Sundance still cares about airing these films when the current buzz over Korean film expires - that's when such a block will really be appreciated by fans of Asian cinema.
- Rock Out With These Epic Singing Scenes From Movies - POPSUGAR
- Charles Dance aka Tywin Lannister Drops 'Game of Thrones' Rumors - HitFix
- See The Latest 'Interstellar' Posters - ScreenCrush
- Honest Trailers: 'Godzilla' (2014) - ScreenJunkies
- 25 Comic-Book Movies That (Thankfully) Never Happened - Vulture
- Don't Look at These Horror Movie GIFs With the Light Off - POPSUGAR
- Keanu Reeves Had a Home Invader Chilling in His Library - Vulture
- The 5 Best New Comedies This Fall - POPSUGAR
- The 17 Worst Ways to Be Killed by Liam Neeson - Vulture
- 'Frozen' Returning With New Animated Short - ScreenCrush
Around the web
Stay Connected with Moviefone
Download the Free App!