Wang's latest project, then, simply follows the totally unpredictable path his career has trod to this point: it's called Lowlifes, and is a "caper comedy." (What is a caper comedy, anyway? I haven't heard the word "caper" in about 40 years.) The screenplay, by first-timer Patty Sullivan, is about a housewife who "discovers she has a talent for burglary." So, based on what we've seen from Wang, Lowlifes is either going to be a laughable disaster or a triumph that leaves the whole world craving caper comedies. At this point, our guess is probably as good as his.
- 7 Wonderfully Weird Bill Murray Shenanigans - POPSUGAR
- Jon Stewart Shames NFL Over Ray Rice - HitFix
- 'Big Hero 6' Preview - ScreenCrush
- Honest Trailers: 'Godzilla' (2014) - ScreenJunkies
- 25 Comic-Book Movies That (Thankfully) Never Happened - Vulture
- These 11 Freaky 'American Horry Story' Gifs Will Give You Nightmares - POPSUGAR
- 16 Shameless Product Placements in TV & Movies - Vulture
- The 5 Best New Comedies This Fall - POPSUGAR
- See Anna Kendrick Singing in 'The Last 5 Years' - Vulture
- 'Frozen' Returning With New Animated Short - ScreenCrush
Around the web
Stay Connected with Moviefone
Download the Free App!