Strangers with Candy was snatched from the airwaves just as its small clan of devoted followers was starting to grow in ranks. Snapping up stars like Winona Ryder and Paul Rudd to appear in the series finale was but one example of how popular this goofy little show about a 40-year-old high school freshman was becoming, but like a lot of the best shows out there, enough people weren't watching for the network to keep it on the air. Nevertheless, the Strangers with Candy movie will be coming to theaters this June, or so Amy Sedaris tells AmySedaris.com. Paul Dinello, who played the art teacher Mr. Jellineck on the show, will be directing. David Letterman and his barely-contained crush on Amy Sedaris will serve as executive producer. Celeb cameos, at least according to IMDb, will include Matthew Broderick, Philp Seymour Hoffman, and Ian Holm, among several others. I assume this will be a limited release, as these films with a built-in audience tend to be, so I'll be setting out with the rest of the fanatics with my pith helmet and bullwhip to track this one down come June.
- 'Big Hero 6' Directors Reveal Story Behind Wild New Trailer - Moviefone
- GM Almost Screwed Up 'Toy Story,' 'Cars,' & More - AutoBlog
- Colin Farrell, Taylor Kitsch Rumored for 'True Detective' - ScreenCrush
- Honest Trailers: 'Divergent' (Video) - ScreenJunkies
- 25 Best Romantic Comedies Since 'When Harry Met Sally' - Vulture
- 11 Loose Ends on 'True Blood' - POPSUGAR
- 10 Ways 'A Hard Day's Night' Changed the World - Vulture
- 20 Summer Romance Movies to Stream Now - POPSUGAR
- New 'The Walking Dead' Season 5 Photos - ScreenCrush
- What We Already Know About 'Star Wars: Episode VII' - POPSUGAR
Around the web
Stay Connected with Moviefone
Download the Free App!