Lionsgate has acquired Chris Gorak's thriller Right at Your Door for $2 million, according to Variety. The film, Gorak's directorial debut, is about the aftermath of a dirty bomb attack on Los Angeles. Sundance director Geoff Gilmore wrote the catalogue pitch for the film, describing it as "ambitious and accomplished storytelling, wonderfully achieved and executed". I was actually kind of surprised to hear the film had been acquired; I was sitting outside the press screening room when the film let out this afternoon, and overheard a lot of press conversations that were not glowingly positive, but I guess the Lionsgate Acquistions folks heard different press takes than I did; supposedly they've had their eye on it since one of their buyers saw it at the premiere.
- 12 Actors You Forgot Were Child Stars - POPSUGAR
- Here's a Look at DC's 'Superman v. Batman' versus Marvel - HitFix
- 'Star Wars: Episode 7' Villains Revealed? - ScreenCrush
- Honest Trailers: 'Ghostbusters' (video) - ScreenJunkies
- Everything We Know About 'The Avengers 2: Age of Ultron' - Vulture
- Why 1999 Was the Best VMAs of All Time - POPSUGAR
- The Highs & Lows of the 2014 Emmys - Vulture
- 19 Amazing Kristen Wiig Moments From 'Bridesmaids' - POPSUGAR
- Woody Harrelson & Matthew McConaughey Charm at the Emmys - Vulture
- Superman & Lois Lane Take the Ice Bucket Challenge - ScreenCrush
Around the web
Stay Connected with Moviefone
Download the Free App!