Lionsgate has acquired Chris Gorak's thriller Right at Your Door for $2 million, according to Variety. The film, Gorak's directorial debut, is about the aftermath of a dirty bomb attack on Los Angeles. Sundance director Geoff Gilmore wrote the catalogue pitch for the film, describing it as "ambitious and accomplished storytelling, wonderfully achieved and executed". I was actually kind of surprised to hear the film had been acquired; I was sitting outside the press screening room when the film let out this afternoon, and overheard a lot of press conversations that were not glowingly positive, but I guess the Lionsgate Acquistions folks heard different press takes than I did; supposedly they've had their eye on it since one of their buyers saw it at the premiere.
- 'Big Hero 6' Directors Reveal Story Behind Wild New Trailer - Moviefone
- GM Almost Screwed Up 'Toy Story,' 'Cars,' & More - AutoBlog
- Colin Farrell, Taylor Kitsch Rumored for 'True Detective' - ScreenCrush
- Honest Trailers: 'Divergent' (Video) - ScreenJunkies
- 25 Best Romantic Comedies Since 'When Harry Met Sally' - Vulture
- 11 Loose Ends on 'True Blood' - POPSUGAR
- 10 Ways 'A Hard Day's Night' Changed the World - Vulture
- 20 Summer Romance Movies to Stream Now - POPSUGAR
- New 'The Walking Dead' Season 5 Photos - ScreenCrush
- What We Already Know About 'Star Wars: Episode VII' - POPSUGAR
Around the web
Stay Connected with Moviefone
Download the Free App!