Lionsgate has acquired Chris Gorak's thriller Right at Your Door for $2 million, according to Variety. The film, Gorak's directorial debut, is about the aftermath of a dirty bomb attack on Los Angeles. Sundance director Geoff Gilmore wrote the catalogue pitch for the film, describing it as "ambitious and accomplished storytelling, wonderfully achieved and executed". I was actually kind of surprised to hear the film had been acquired; I was sitting outside the press screening room when the film let out this afternoon, and overheard a lot of press conversations that were not glowingly positive, but I guess the Lionsgate Acquistions folks heard different press takes than I did; supposedly they've had their eye on it since one of their buyers saw it at the premiere.
- Rock Out With These Epic Singing Scenes From Movies - POPSUGAR
- Charles Dance aka Tywin Lannister Drops 'Game of Thrones' Rumors - HitFix
- See The Latest 'Interstellar' Posters - ScreenCrush
- Honest Trailers: 'Godzilla' (2014) - ScreenJunkies
- 25 Comic-Book Movies That (Thankfully) Never Happened - Vulture
- Don't Look at These Horror Movie GIFs With the Light Off - POPSUGAR
- Keanu Reeves Had a Home Invader Chilling in His Library - Vulture
- The 5 Best New Comedies This Fall - POPSUGAR
- The 17 Worst Ways to Be Killed by Liam Neeson - Vulture
- 'Frozen' Returning With New Animated Short - ScreenCrush
Around the web
Stay Connected with Moviefone
Download the Free App!