CATEGORIES Documentary, Deals, Sundance, IFC, Distribution, Movies, Sundance Film Festival, CinematicalIFC Films just sent around a press release announcing their acquisition of Wordplay, Patrick Creadon's doc on crossword puzzle guru Will Shortz. It's IFC's second buy of the fest, after picking up Bent Hamer's Factotum, and their Jonathan Sehring couldn't be more pleased. "This has been one of the most rewarding Sundance experiences in the history of IFC,” Sehring said. “With our acquiring Factotum at the start and announcing the launch of IFC’s First Take, we felt it couldn’t get any better. Then Wordplay captured the hearts of the entire team, and we simply couldn’t live without it." IFC hasn't released financial details on the deal, but they did say they plan to release the doc sometime this year.
- 'Big Hero 6' Directors Reveal Story Behind Wild New Trailer - Moviefone
- GM Almost Screwed Up 'Toy Story,' 'Cars,' & More - AutoBlog
- Colin Farrell, Taylor Kitsch Rumored for 'True Detective' - ScreenCrush
- Honest Trailers: 'Divergent' (Video) - ScreenJunkies
- 25 Best Romantic Comedies Since 'When Harry Met Sally' - Vulture
- 11 Loose Ends on 'True Blood' - POPSUGAR
- 10 Ways 'A Hard Day's Night' Changed the World - Vulture
- 20 Summer Romance Movies to Stream Now - POPSUGAR
- New 'The Walking Dead' Season 5 Photos - ScreenCrush
- What We Already Know About 'Star Wars: Episode VII' - POPSUGAR
Around the web
Stay Connected with Moviefone
Download the Free App!