Though of course there is a two disc "collector's edition" coming (more on that in a second), even the single-disc version is cool enough to labeled "special," and it really is packed with features. The single disc includes a pair of commentaries (one by director Sam Mendes, and the other by the film's writers) as well as deleted scenes and new interviews, both of which also offer optional commentary tracks. The collector's edition, meanwhile, shares all the features of the single-disc release, but also includes a disc full of additional, very vague extras. If you know what "Jarhead diaries" and "Semper Fi: Life After The Corps" are, perhaps you'll be excited by their presence, and thrilled by the fact that both include introductions by people like Mendes, and the real Anthony Swofford. If, however, you're like me and are suspicious of paying a lot for features that could be pretty much anything, it might be wise to save money and just get the cheaper SE.
- Rock Out With These Epic Singing Scenes From Movies - POPSUGAR
- Charles Dance aka Tywin Lannister Drops 'Game of Thrones' Rumors - HitFix
- See The Latest 'Interstellar' Posters - ScreenCrush
- Honest Trailers: 'Godzilla' (2014) - ScreenJunkies
- 25 Comic-Book Movies That (Thankfully) Never Happened - Vulture
- Don't Look at These Horror Movie GIFs With the Light Off - POPSUGAR
- Keanu Reeves Had a Home Invader Chilling in His Library - Vulture
- The 5 Best New Comedies This Fall - POPSUGAR
- The 17 Worst Ways to Be Killed by Liam Neeson - Vulture
- 'Frozen' Returning With New Animated Short - ScreenCrush
Around the web
Stay Connected with Moviefone
Download the Free App!