Though of course there is a two disc "collector's edition" coming (more on that in a second), even the single-disc version is cool enough to labeled "special," and it really is packed with features. The single disc includes a pair of commentaries (one by director Sam Mendes, and the other by the film's writers) as well as deleted scenes and new interviews, both of which also offer optional commentary tracks. The collector's edition, meanwhile, shares all the features of the single-disc release, but also includes a disc full of additional, very vague extras. If you know what "Jarhead diaries" and "Semper Fi: Life After The Corps" are, perhaps you'll be excited by their presence, and thrilled by the fact that both include introductions by people like Mendes, and the real Anthony Swofford. If, however, you're like me and are suspicious of paying a lot for features that could be pretty much anything, it might be wise to save money and just get the cheaper SE.
- 'Big Hero 6' Directors Reveal Story Behind Wild New Trailer - Moviefone
- GM Almost Screwed Up 'Toy Story,' 'Cars,' & More - AutoBlog
- Colin Farrell, Taylor Kitsch Rumored for 'True Detective' - ScreenCrush
- Honest Trailers: 'Divergent' (Video) - ScreenJunkies
- 25 Best Romantic Comedies Since 'When Harry Met Sally' - Vulture
- 11 Loose Ends on 'True Blood' - POPSUGAR
- 10 Ways 'A Hard Day's Night' Changed the World - Vulture
- 20 Summer Romance Movies to Stream Now - POPSUGAR
- New 'The Walking Dead' Season 5 Photos - ScreenCrush
- What We Already Know About 'Star Wars: Episode VII' - POPSUGAR
Around the web
Stay Connected with Moviefone
Download the Free App!