Waters hasn't been heard from in a while. He had a brief stint as a scribe-for-hire in the early 90s, after Heathers introduced gems such as "what's your damage?" and "fuck me gently with a chainsaw" into modern parlance, receiving credit on the screenplays for Batman Returns and Demolition Man ... as well as those of the Adventures of Ford Fairlane (yep, the Andrew Dice Clay movie) and everyone's favorite debacle (or, at least, Martha's), Hudson Hawk. A rumored Heathers sequel never materialized, and Dan's career then seemed to go dormant as his brother Mark's ascended, with the latter cranking out five films, including Mean Girls, since debuting with The House of Yes in 1997. Dan's directorial debut, called Happy Campers, made barely a splash in 2001. Let's hope that he's been putting the last five years to good use, and that Sex and Death reverses the trend.
- 7 Wonderfully Weird Bill Murray Shenanigans - POPSUGAR
- Jon Stewart Shames NFL Over Ray Rice - HitFix
- 'Big Hero 6' Preview - ScreenCrush
- Honest Trailers: 'Godzilla' (2014) - ScreenJunkies
- 25 Comic-Book Movies That (Thankfully) Never Happened - Vulture
- These 11 Freaky 'American Horry Story' Gifs Will Give You Nightmares - POPSUGAR
- 16 Shameless Product Placements in TV & Movies - Vulture
- The 5 Best New Comedies This Fall - POPSUGAR
- See Anna Kendrick Singing in 'The Last 5 Years' - Vulture
- 'Frozen' Returning With New Animated Short - ScreenCrush
Around the web
Stay Connected with Moviefone
Download the Free App!