Just a day after Sony's Howard Stringer bragged at CES about bagging Landmark as the first customer for Sony's high res 4K projector, Landmark announced (also at CES) the indie chain is ditching the Sony 4K projector in favor of Barco's 2K projectors. Apparently nobody told Stringer. Cinematech reports that in an email to them in December, Landmark's Mark Cuban said Landmark had installed a couple of Sony's projectors and was "battle testing" them. Guess that didn't work out so well. Landmark's announcement leaves Sony in a bit of a lurch, with zero - count 'em, zero - customers for it's projector, which has been plauged with technical and delivery issues.
- 'Big Hero 6' Directors Reveal Story Behind Wild New Trailer - Moviefone
- GM Almost Screwed Up 'Toy Story,' 'Cars,' & More - AutoBlog
- Colin Farrell, Taylor Kitsch Rumored for 'True Detective' - ScreenCrush
- Honest Trailers: 'Divergent' (Video) - ScreenJunkies
- 25 Best Romantic Comedies Since 'When Harry Met Sally' - Vulture
- 11 Loose Ends on 'True Blood' - POPSUGAR
- 10 Ways 'A Hard Day's Night' Changed the World - Vulture
- 20 Summer Romance Movies to Stream Now - POPSUGAR
- New 'The Walking Dead' Season 5 Photos - ScreenCrush
- What We Already Know About 'Star Wars: Episode VII' - POPSUGAR
Around the web
Stay Connected with Moviefone
Download the Free App!