Ok - I know that Disney (which coproduced and is distributing the film) and ESPN share ownership, so it's in Disney's interest to push the channel. And yes, Kentucky (including starting guard Pat Riley, oddly enough) was the team of white guys that was beaten in the movie's big game - but who, having not yet seen the movie, would know that, or care? it's certainly not mentioned anywhere in the ad. Finally, and perhaps more importantly, how many people do you think are going to see the ad and actually think "Whoa, Vandy's on tonight? Sweet! I gotta watch that game!" Like, three? Maybe? I mean, what the hell is the point?
- 29 Times Jennifer Lawrence Was a Badass on the Big Screen - POPSUGAR
- Watch Kristen Stewart in New Trailer (video) - HitFix
- 'Star Wars: Episode 7' Villains Revealed? - ScreenCrush
- Honest Trailers: 'Captain America: The Winter Soldier' (video) - ScreenJunkies
- Everything We Know About 'The Avengers 2: Age of Ultron' - Vulture
- Why 1999 Was the Best VMAs of All Time - POPSUGAR
- David Letterman Remembers Robin Williams - Vulture
- Who's Been in Jimmy Fallon's 'Ew!' Skit? (video) - POPSUGAR
- What Show Deserves the Best Drama Emmy? - Vulture
- 'Friday Night Lights' Star Joins 'Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.' - ScreenCrush
Around the web
Stay Connected with Moviefone
Download the Free App!