Ok - I know that Disney (which coproduced and is distributing the film) and ESPN share ownership, so it's in Disney's interest to push the channel. And yes, Kentucky (including starting guard Pat Riley, oddly enough) was the team of white guys that was beaten in the movie's big game - but who, having not yet seen the movie, would know that, or care? it's certainly not mentioned anywhere in the ad. Finally, and perhaps more importantly, how many people do you think are going to see the ad and actually think "Whoa, Vandy's on tonight? Sweet! I gotta watch that game!" Like, three? Maybe? I mean, what the hell is the point?
- Rock Out With These Epic Singing Scenes From Movies - POPSUGAR
- Charles Dance aka Tywin Lannister Drops 'Game of Thrones' Rumors - HitFix
- See The Latest 'Interstellar' Posters - ScreenCrush
- Honest Trailers: 'Godzilla' (2014) - ScreenJunkies
- 25 Comic-Book Movies That (Thankfully) Never Happened - Vulture
- Don't Look at These Horror Movie GIFs With the Light Off - POPSUGAR
- Keanu Reeves Had a Home Invader Chilling in His Library - Vulture
- The 5 Best New Comedies This Fall - POPSUGAR
- The 17 Worst Ways to Be Killed by Liam Neeson - Vulture
- 'Frozen' Returning With New Animated Short - ScreenCrush
Around the web
Stay Connected with Moviefone
Download the Free App!