A couple of reviews have turned up on line, and they both describe the film as beautiful and charming. The movie is reportedly anchored by the performance of Jamel Debbouze (a well-known French comedian) as Andre, a "a sympathetic sleazebag." While the film's refreshingly brief running time (it's less than 90 minutes long) will surely be something of a draw, the fact that it's a sweet comedy that was shot in black and white means that Besson's core audience might not be interested in the film. This is significant to his American fans because Angel-A has still not been picked up for distribution here, and if its box office potential is seen as limited, the likelihood of it ever showing up on screens here is greatly reduced. Dammit.
- 'Big Hero 6' Directors Reveal Story Behind Wild New Trailer - Moviefone
- GM Almost Screwed Up 'Toy Story,' 'Cars,' & More - AutoBlog
- Colin Farrell, Taylor Kitsch Rumored for 'True Detective' - ScreenCrush
- Honest Trailers: 'Divergent' (Video) - ScreenJunkies
- 25 Best Romantic Comedies Since 'When Harry Met Sally' - Vulture
- 11 Loose Ends on 'True Blood' - POPSUGAR
- 10 Ways 'A Hard Day's Night' Changed the World - Vulture
- 20 Summer Romance Movies to Stream Now - POPSUGAR
- New 'The Walking Dead' Season 5 Photos - ScreenCrush
- What We Already Know About 'Star Wars: Episode VII' - POPSUGAR
Around the web
Stay Connected with Moviefone
Download the Free App!