- Hollywood is unloading a ridiculous number of films this week, some for Oscar consideration (cough Munich cough), some to capitalize on your children being out of school, and some to clear the coffers in time for Q1. But because Christmas falls on a Sunday – meaning that most will head to the mall instead of the movies on Saturday afternoon – a less-than phenomenal holiday weekend is predicted. The article also sneaks in an odd tidbit that backs up my hunch that New Line has no clue what they're doing with The New World: the studio opens the picture on 3 screens Christmas Day, audiences will see the 149 minute version of the film that was screened for critics. But Terry Malick is apparently cutting another, 20-minute shorter version as we speak for the wide release.
- Meanwhile, Universal's got nothing but bad news on the Kong front: the Big Fake Gorilla was beat down mid-week by Narnia, and saw unexpectedly virile competition from Sony's apparent debacle Fun With Dick and Jane. Tumbleweeds apparently blew through theaters showing quickie kiddie sequel Cheaper by the Dozen 2.
- Robert Koehler has harsh words for The Ringer. "Sometimes veering close to being a promotional film for the Special Olympics, pic will be applauded by the disability community and its advocates but quickly ignored by longtime fans of the Farrellys and Knoxville for a subdued B.O. run."
- 'Big Hero 6' Directors Reveal Story Behind Wild New Trailer - Moviefone
- Jacki Weaver Talks Woody Allen, 'Magic in the Moonlight' - UInterview
- The Official 'Hateful Eight' Poster Is Here - ScreenCrush
- Honest Trailers: 'Divergent' (Video) - ScreenJunkies
- Iggy Azalea Will Be in 'Fast & Furious 7' - Vulture
- Who Should Be The Next Bachelor? - POPSUGAR
- James Gunn on Directing 'Guardians of the Galaxy' - Vulture
- Jon Snow with Short Hair - POPSUGAR
- The Movie That Made Robert De Niro Bankable - Vulture
- See All the Pictures From 'Mockingjay - Part 1' - POPSUGAR
Around the web
Stay Connected with Moviefone
Download the Free App!