- All systems are go on Benjamin Ross' Napoleon and Betsy, a film about the deposed French general's final days on St. Helena and the English girl with whom he spends them. Scarlett Johansson is starring as said English girl; though Variety is mum on the matter, I believe this is the project that she and her momager have been pushing through development for several years.
- Lunar Park, Bret Easton Ellis' meta-autobiographical latest, has been optioned by Palm-Star Entertainment. The fifth Ellis work to make it to the screen (you forgot about Less Than Zero, didn't you? Shame, shame ...), Park follows a drug guzzling novelist named - wait for it - Bret Easton Ellis, who enters a convenience marriage and quickly heads into Stephen King territory.
- Todd McCarthy calls King Kong "almost too much of a good thing": "From the vivid opening montage of Depression-era New York City, it's evident Jackson intends to paint on a very broad canvas that will include a thousand-and-one Kong-related details he's been storing up since childhood...As richly rendered as all of this is, not all of it is necessary; Jackson's Kong plays more like a Director's Cut, with scenes that could easily be dispensed with or tightened." But he admits that box office looks like it could be "even Titanic huge."
- 12 Actors You Forgot Were Child Stars - POPSUGAR
- Here's a Look at DC's 'Superman v. Batman' versus Marvel - HitFix
- 'Star Wars: Episode 7' Villains Revealed? - ScreenCrush
- Honest Trailers: 'Ghostbusters' (video) - ScreenJunkies
- Everything We Know About 'The Avengers 2: Age of Ultron' - Vulture
- Why 1999 Was the Best VMAs of All Time - POPSUGAR
- The Highs & Lows of the 2014 Emmys - Vulture
- 19 Amazing Kristen Wiig Moments From 'Bridesmaids' - POPSUGAR
- Woody Harrelson & Matthew McConaughey Charm at the Emmys - Vulture
- Superman & Lois Lane Take the Ice Bucket Challenge - ScreenCrush
Around the web
Stay Connected with Moviefone
Download the Free App!