Over here, though, no one seems to be complaining, maybe because they're getting rich. The 24 shows on Broadway, collectively, have taken in $376.4 million over the past five and a half months (up 10% from last year), and ticket sales show no signs of slowing (The Odd Couple is already virtually impossible to get non-scalped tickets to, and it's not even open yet). While there are investors to pay back and advertisers to pay off, most of these shows spend comparatively little on their casts, even for the famous names - Roberts, for example, is reportedly getting $24,000 for her entire run Broadway.
- 'Big Hero 6' Directors Reveal Story Behind Wild New Trailer - Moviefone
- GM Almost Screwed Up 'Toy Story,' 'Cars,' & More - AutoBlog
- Colin Farrell, Taylor Kitsch Rumored for 'True Detective' - ScreenCrush
- Honest Trailers: 'Divergent' (Video) - ScreenJunkies
- 25 Best Romantic Comedies Since 'When Harry Met Sally' - Vulture
- 11 Loose Ends on 'True Blood' - POPSUGAR
- 10 Ways 'A Hard Day's Night' Changed the World - Vulture
- 20 Summer Romance Movies to Stream Now - POPSUGAR
- New 'The Walking Dead' Season 5 Photos - ScreenCrush
- What We Already Know About 'Star Wars: Episode VII' - POPSUGAR
Around the web
Stay Connected with Moviefone
Download the Free App!