Over here, though, no one seems to be complaining, maybe because they're getting rich. The 24 shows on Broadway, collectively, have taken in $376.4 million over the past five and a half months (up 10% from last year), and ticket sales show no signs of slowing (The Odd Couple is already virtually impossible to get non-scalped tickets to, and it's not even open yet). While there are investors to pay back and advertisers to pay off, most of these shows spend comparatively little on their casts, even for the famous names - Roberts, for example, is reportedly getting $24,000 for her entire run Broadway.
- Rock Out With These Epic Singing Scenes From Movies - POPSUGAR
- Charles Dance aka Tywin Lannister Drops 'Game of Thrones' Rumors - HitFix
- See The Latest 'Interstellar' Posters - ScreenCrush
- Honest Trailers: 'Godzilla' (2014) - ScreenJunkies
- 25 Comic-Book Movies That (Thankfully) Never Happened - Vulture
- Don't Look at These Horror Movie GIFs With the Light Off - POPSUGAR
- Keanu Reeves Had a Home Invader Chilling in His Library - Vulture
- The 5 Best New Comedies This Fall - POPSUGAR
- The 17 Worst Ways to Be Killed by Liam Neeson - Vulture
- 'Frozen' Returning With New Animated Short - ScreenCrush
Around the web
Stay Connected with Moviefone
Download the Free App!