Over here, though, no one seems to be complaining, maybe because they're getting rich. The 24 shows on Broadway, collectively, have taken in $376.4 million over the past five and a half months (up 10% from last year), and ticket sales show no signs of slowing (The Odd Couple is already virtually impossible to get non-scalped tickets to, and it's not even open yet). While there are investors to pay back and advertisers to pay off, most of these shows spend comparatively little on their casts, even for the famous names - Roberts, for example, is reportedly getting $24,000 for her entire run Broadway.
- 'Big Hero 6' Directors Reveal Story Behind Wild New Trailer - Moviefone
- Jacki Weaver Talks Woody Allen, 'Magic in the Moonlight' - UInterview
- The Official 'Hateful Eight' Poster Is Here - ScreenCrush
- Honest Trailers: 'Divergent' (Video) - ScreenJunkies
- Iggy Azalea Will Be in 'Fast & Furious 7' - Vulture
- Who Should Be The Next Bachelor? - POPSUGAR
- James Gunn on Directing 'Guardians of the Galaxy' - Vulture
- 20 Summer Romance Movies to Stream Now - POPSUGAR
- The Movie That Made Robert De Niro Bankable - Vulture
- See All the Pictures From 'Mockingjay - Part 1' - POPSUGAR
Around the web
Stay Connected with Moviefone
Download the Free App!