If there was any part of Judy Garland's life that wasn't tumultuous, I've yet to hear about it. Recently, Sidney Luft, the producer Garland was married to from 1952 to 1965, passed away. Luft was credited with not only kicking Garland's career back into high gear, but, according to Garland, occasionally using her as a punching bag. Luft produced three films during his career, including the Garland vehicle A Star is Born. The couple had two children, Lorna and Joey. Lorna also went on to acting, her latest films being My Giant and 54. She would later write about the hardships of growing up with her (in)famous mother, who died when Lorna was sixteen.
- 7 Wonderfully Weird Bill Murray Shenanigans - POPSUGAR
- Jon Stewart Shames NFL Over Ray Rice - HitFix
- 'Big Hero 6' Preview - ScreenCrush
- Honest Trailers: 'Godzilla' (2014) - ScreenJunkies
- 25 Comic-Book Movies That (Thankfully) Never Happened - Vulture
- These 11 Freaky 'American Horry Story' Gifs Will Give You Nightmares - POPSUGAR
- 16 Shameless Product Placements in TV & Movies - Vulture
- The 5 Best New Comedies This Fall - POPSUGAR
- See Anna Kendrick Singing in 'The Last 5 Years' - Vulture
- 'Frozen' Returning With New Animated Short - ScreenCrush
Around the web
Stay Connected with Moviefone
Download the Free App!