If there was any part of Judy Garland's life that wasn't tumultuous, I've yet to hear about it. Recently, Sidney Luft, the producer Garland was married to from 1952 to 1965, passed away. Luft was credited with not only kicking Garland's career back into high gear, but, according to Garland, occasionally using her as a punching bag. Luft produced three films during his career, including the Garland vehicle A Star is Born. The couple had two children, Lorna and Joey. Lorna also went on to acting, her latest films being My Giant and 54. She would later write about the hardships of growing up with her (in)famous mother, who died when Lorna was sixteen.
- 'Big Hero 6' Directors Reveal Story Behind Wild New Trailer - Moviefone
- GM Almost Screwed Up 'Toy Story,' 'Cars,' & More - AutoBlog
- Colin Farrell, Taylor Kitsch Rumored for 'True Detective' - ScreenCrush
- Honest Trailers: 'Divergent' (Video) - ScreenJunkies
- 25 Best Romantic Comedies Since 'When Harry Met Sally' - Vulture
- 11 Loose Ends on 'True Blood' - POPSUGAR
- 10 Ways 'A Hard Day's Night' Changed the World - Vulture
- 20 Summer Romance Movies to Stream Now - POPSUGAR
- New 'The Walking Dead' Season 5 Photos - ScreenCrush
- What We Already Know About 'Star Wars: Episode VII' - POPSUGAR
Around the web
Stay Connected with Moviefone
Download the Free App!