According to David Thomson's introduction (he edited the book), Brando would act scenes out while Cammell wrote them down. This makes me laugh because the only Brando improv I know is the "I think I swallowed a bug" scene from Hearts of Darkness, which is not exactly inspiring. That said, however, the novel sounds awesome. It's a big, pulpy story about a guy named Annie (trust Brando to create a role for himself whose name alone would confuse people) and his work for "Asia's most notorious female gangster," a woman with whom, of course, he has a lot of sex. In addition to sex, Fan-Tan offers pirates and storms and lies and fighting - really, what more could we ask for? Pre-order button, here I come.
- 7 Wonderfully Weird Bill Murray Shenanigans - POPSUGAR
- Jon Stewart Shames NFL Over Ray Rice - HitFix
- 'Big Hero 6' Preview - ScreenCrush
- Honest Trailers: 'Godzilla' (2014) - ScreenJunkies
- 25 Comic-Book Movies That (Thankfully) Never Happened - Vulture
- These 11 Freaky 'American Horry Story' Gifs Will Give You Nightmares - POPSUGAR
- 16 Shameless Product Placements in TV & Movies - Vulture
- The 5 Best New Comedies This Fall - POPSUGAR
- See Anna Kendrick Singing in 'The Last 5 Years' - Vulture
- 'Frozen' Returning With New Animated Short - ScreenCrush
Around the web
Stay Connected with Moviefone
Download the Free App!