According to David Thomson's introduction (he edited the book), Brando would act scenes out while Cammell wrote them down. This makes me laugh because the only Brando improv I know is the "I think I swallowed a bug" scene from Hearts of Darkness, which is not exactly inspiring. That said, however, the novel sounds awesome. It's a big, pulpy story about a guy named Annie (trust Brando to create a role for himself whose name alone would confuse people) and his work for "Asia's most notorious female gangster," a woman with whom, of course, he has a lot of sex. In addition to sex, Fan-Tan offers pirates and storms and lies and fighting - really, what more could we ask for? Pre-order button, here I come.
- 12 Actors You Forgot Were Child Stars - POPSUGAR
- Here's a Look at DC's 'Superman v. Batman' versus Marvel - HitFix
- 'Star Wars: Episode 7' Villains Revealed? - ScreenCrush
- Honest Trailers: 'Ghostbusters' (video) - ScreenJunkies
- Everything We Know About 'The Avengers 2: Age of Ultron' - Vulture
- Why 1999 Was the Best VMAs of All Time - POPSUGAR
- The Highs & Lows of the 2014 Emmys - Vulture
- 19 Amazing Kristen Wiig Moments From 'Bridesmaids' - POPSUGAR
- Woody Harrelson & Matthew McConaughey Charm at the Emmys - Vulture
- Superman & Lois Lane Take the Ice Bucket Challenge - ScreenCrush
Around the web
Stay Connected with Moviefone
Download the Free App!