Rob Tapert (who also happens to be
Lucy Lawless' husband) is trying to buy the rights to the character
from Universal in hopes of making a feature film.
Interestingly, Lawless sort of wants a possible film to be a comedy.
While it's nice to think that she's accepting the campy
nature of the show and is willing to buy into it, I can still imagine hoards
of militant Xena fans boycotting screenings because the character is
somehow being disrespected by a sense of humor. And they'd probably be
right: after all, a large-breasted, leather-clad woman fighting evil with a sword
definitely would work better as a drama.
- Where to See Oscar Winners and Nominees Next - Pop Sugar
- Leonardo DiCaprio to Play Hitman in 'Blood On Snow' - ScreenJunkies
- Actors Who Won Oscars For Playing Real People - Buzz Sugar
- 15 Must-See Time Travel Movies - RottenTomatoes
- 'Zorro' To Get Gritty Reboot - ScreenCrush
- New 'Matrix' Trilogy in the Works - ScreenCrush
- Wes Anderson Animated 'The Grand Budapest Hotel' - Vulture
- Outkast's Andre 3000 as Jimi Hendrix (Video) - HitFix
- Honest Trailers: '300' (Video) - ScreenJunkies
- 'Veronica Mars' Character Breakdown - Buzz Sugar