Rob Tapert (who also happens to be
Lucy Lawless' husband) is trying to buy the rights to the character
from Universal in hopes of making a feature film.
Interestingly, Lawless sort of wants a possible film to be a comedy.
While it's nice to think that she's accepting the campy
nature of the show and is willing to buy into it, I can still imagine hoards
of militant Xena fans boycotting screenings because the character is
somehow being disrespected by a sense of humor. And they'd probably be
right: after all, a large-breasted, leather-clad woman fighting evil with a sword
definitely would work better as a drama.
- The Best Movie Kisses of 2013 - Pop Sugar
- Production for 'Fast & Furious 7' on Hold Indefinitely - Vulture
- Benedict Cumberbatch Talks Smaug, 'The Hobbit' - HitFix
- 50 Best Fantasy Films of All Time - Rotten Tomatoes
- Ultimate Christmas Movie Supercut (Video) - Screen Junkies
- How The '90s Took Over 2013 - Buzz Sugar
- Christian Bale's Best Movies - Rotten Tomatoes
- 'X-Men: Apocalypse' Announced For 2016 Release - HitFix
- The Best Movies of 2013 You Haven't Seen - Screen Crush
- Hollywood Mourns Nelson Mandela's Death - THR