Apparently people have been clamouring for a Xena movie – who knew? And who are these people? Anyway, their dream just might come true: at the moment, producer/creator Rob Tapert (who also happens to be
Lucy Lawless' husband) is trying to buy the rights to the character
from Universal in hopes of making a feature film.
Interestingly, Lawless sort of wants a possible film to be a comedy.
While it's nice to think that she's accepting the campy
nature of the show and is willing to buy into it, I can still imagine hoards
of militant Xena fans boycotting screenings because the character is
somehow being disrespected by a sense of humor. And they'd probably be
right: after all, a large-breasted, leather-clad woman fighting evil with a sword
definitely would work better as a drama.
- Bet You Didn't Know All These Actresses Have Famous Dads - POPSUGAR
- Famous People Before They Were Famous - Mom.me
- How to Handle Any Life Situation Like Ari Gold — in GIFs - POPSUGAR
- JENELLE EVANS WANTED BY POLICE FOR ALLEGEDLY ATTACKING NATHAN GRIFFITH - Wonderwall
- THE MOST BIZARRE JOB TITLES ON 'THE BACHELOR' AND 'THE BACHELORETTE' - Mandatory
- 30 New and Returning Shows to Watch This Summer - POPSUGAR
- 11 Celebs Who Married Athletes - Mom.me
- EMILIA CLARKE: I TURNED DOWN FIFTY SHADES OF GREY BECAUSE OF 'AMOUNT OF NUDITY' - Wonderwall
- Before Jurassic World, Revisit Why You Loved Chris Pratt in the First Place - Popsugar
- THE 'TOP GUN' CAST: THEN VS. NOW - Mandatory