- IFC is hopping on board with The Weinstein Company to co-distribute Transamerica, the award winning trannie-movie starring Felicity Huffman. Pundits are wondering if this is a sign that the two entities are approaching a larger partnership – it is, after all, their second deal in two months, after they joined to acquire rights on the thriller Unknown.
- With all the Michael Ovitz brouhaha (in which former chairman Michael Eisner was accused of operating in a "Machavellian" fashion) finally dying down, Disney took measures yesterday to ammend its board practices, making it "easier to remove directors and tougher to buy off angry shareholders".
- Our own Ryan Stewart has been awaiting Wes Craven's Red Eye with what could only be called bated breath; he'll no doubt rush to defend it from Robert Koehler, who calls the film "negligible" and predicts that a "nonstop vid landing isn't far off."
- Jonathan Bing echoes Kim Voynar's concern that trailers have become misleadingly clean: "At a time when kids are bombarded on all sides with sex and violence, it's easy to sympathize with parents who'd like the multiplex to remain a safe zone. But one has to wonder whether theaters have gone too far in their efforts not to offend."
- 12 Actors You Forgot Were Child Stars - POPSUGAR
- Here's a Look at DC's 'Superman v. Batman' versus Marvel - HitFix
- 'Star Wars: Episode 7' Villains Revealed? - ScreenCrush
- Honest Trailers: 'Ghostbusters' (video) - ScreenJunkies
- Everything We Know About 'The Avengers 2: Age of Ultron' - Vulture
- Why 1999 Was the Best VMAs of All Time - POPSUGAR
- The Highs & Lows of the 2014 Emmys - Vulture
- 19 Amazing Kristen Wiig Moments From 'Bridesmaids' - POPSUGAR
- Woody Harrelson & Matthew McConaughey Charm at the Emmys - Vulture
- Superman & Lois Lane Take the Ice Bucket Challenge - ScreenCrush
Around the web
Stay Connected with Moviefone
Download the Free App!