- IFC is hopping on board with The Weinstein Company to co-distribute Transamerica, the award winning trannie-movie starring Felicity Huffman. Pundits are wondering if this is a sign that the two entities are approaching a larger partnership – it is, after all, their second deal in two months, after they joined to acquire rights on the thriller Unknown.
- With all the Michael Ovitz brouhaha (in which former chairman Michael Eisner was accused of operating in a "Machavellian" fashion) finally dying down, Disney took measures yesterday to ammend its board practices, making it "easier to remove directors and tougher to buy off angry shareholders".
- Our own Ryan Stewart has been awaiting Wes Craven's Red Eye with what could only be called bated breath; he'll no doubt rush to defend it from Robert Koehler, who calls the film "negligible" and predicts that a "nonstop vid landing isn't far off."
- Jonathan Bing echoes Kim Voynar's concern that trailers have become misleadingly clean: "At a time when kids are bombarded on all sides with sex and violence, it's easy to sympathize with parents who'd like the multiplex to remain a safe zone. But one has to wonder whether theaters have gone too far in their efforts not to offend."
- 'Big Hero 6' Directors Reveal Story Behind Wild New Trailer - Moviefone
- GM Almost Screwed Up 'Toy Story,' 'Cars,' & More - AutoBlog
- Colin Farrell, Taylor Kitsch Rumored for 'True Detective' - ScreenCrush
- Honest Trailers: 'Divergent' (Video) - ScreenJunkies
- 25 Best Romantic Comedies Since 'When Harry Met Sally' - Vulture
- 11 Loose Ends on 'True Blood' - POPSUGAR
- 10 Ways 'A Hard Day's Night' Changed the World - Vulture
- 20 Summer Romance Movies to Stream Now - POPSUGAR
- New 'The Walking Dead' Season 5 Photos - ScreenCrush
- What We Already Know About 'Star Wars: Episode VII' - POPSUGAR
Around the web
Stay Connected with Moviefone
Download the Free App!