Ian says it's great, but Rupert isn't so sure. What exactly? Coming out as gay or lesbian in Hollywood. Ian McKellen claims his career took off when he announced to everyone without gaydar that he was in fact a homosexual. Rupert Everett, however, doesn't think Hollywood is quite as accepting just yet. He claims he was unable to reach the "next stage" of his career after he came out. Having heard these arguments from both actors, I wonder how much being gay really had to do with their career arcs. It seems McKellen, right or wrong, is simply getting better roles than Everett, and I'm not entirely sure how significant sexual preference is in this particular instance.
- 'Big Hero 6' Directors Reveal Story Behind Wild New Trailer - Moviefone
- GM Almost Screwed Up 'Toy Story,' 'Cars,' & More - AutoBlog
- Colin Farrell, Taylor Kitsch Rumored for 'True Detective' - ScreenCrush
- Honest Trailers: 'Divergent' (Video) - ScreenJunkies
- 25 Best Romantic Comedies Since 'When Harry Met Sally' - Vulture
- 11 Loose Ends on 'True Blood' - POPSUGAR
- 10 Ways 'A Hard Day's Night' Changed the World - Vulture
- 20 Summer Romance Movies to Stream Now - POPSUGAR
- New 'The Walking Dead' Season 5 Photos - ScreenCrush
- What We Already Know About 'Star Wars: Episode VII' - POPSUGAR
Around the web
Stay Connected with Moviefone
Download the Free App!