I like Johnny Depp, and I especially like Johnny Depp when he works with Tim Burton. Actually, his turn as Raoul Duke in Terry Gilliam's Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas wasn't too shabby either. The point is, the man clearly chooses roles he can really throw himself into, but Burton said recently it isn't films like Edward Scissorhands or Charlie and the Chocolate Factory that will aid the rising star, but rather Pirates of the Caribbean, which gave Depp a wider audience and a new found admiration in the eyes of movie executives who might have once seen Depp as too weird or too reluctant to be a real celebrity.
- 29 Times Jennifer Lawrence Was a Badass on the Big Screen - POPSUGAR
- Watch Kristen Stewart in New Trailer (video) - HitFix
- 'Star Wars: Episode 7' Villains Revealed? - ScreenCrush
- Honest Trailers: 'Captain America: The Winter Soldier' (video) - ScreenJunkies
- Everything We Know About 'The Avengers 2: Age of Ultron' - Vulture
- Why 1999 Was the Best VMAs of All Time - POPSUGAR
- David Letterman Remembers Robin Williams - Vulture
- Who's Been in Jimmy Fallon's 'Ew!' Skit? (video) - POPSUGAR
- What Show Deserves the Best Drama Emmy? - Vulture
- 'Friday Night Lights' Star Joins 'Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.' - ScreenCrush
Around the web
Stay Connected with Moviefone
Download the Free App!