Weren't the 70s awesome? In 1972, Burt Reynolds shared a late-night talk show couch (in a totally non-sexual way) with Helen Gurley Brown, author of Sex and the Single Girl and editor of Cosmopolitan. At some point in the evening, Brown challeneged Reynolds to pose for a nude centerfold in her magazine, and he agreed. Here is in all his bearskinned glory, cigarillo barely held aloft by his smirking lips. Later he would write the whole thing off as a joke - and really, just look at it and there's no reason not to believe him - but he'd also write the entire period off as a blur: "I've often said to people, if I met you between '73 and '78, I'm sorry, I don't remember three or four of those years." Well, Burt, here's a reminder...
- 'Big Hero 6' Directors Reveal Story Behind Wild New Trailer - Moviefone
- GM Almost Screwed Up 'Toy Story,' 'Cars,' & More - AutoBlog
- Colin Farrell, Taylor Kitsch Rumored for 'True Detective' - ScreenCrush
- Honest Trailers: 'Divergent' (Video) - ScreenJunkies
- 25 Best Romantic Comedies Since 'When Harry Met Sally' - Vulture
- 11 Loose Ends on 'True Blood' - POPSUGAR
- 10 Ways 'A Hard Day's Night' Changed the World - Vulture
- 20 Summer Romance Movies to Stream Now - POPSUGAR
- New 'The Walking Dead' Season 5 Photos - ScreenCrush
- What We Already Know About 'Star Wars: Episode VII' - POPSUGAR
Around the web
Stay Connected with Moviefone
Download the Free App!