Comic-Con International is going strong, so keep it tuned to Cinematical all this weekend for updates from the panels and show floor. Already we have recaps of a bunch of panels including: A Scanner Darkly, A History of Violence, and DVD Producers 2005.
- New Line Cinema has picked up the rights to the critically acclaimed comic book Ex Machina by creators Brian Vaughan and Tony Harris.
- Sony Pictures has launched the official website for Screen Gems' Underworld: Evolution, which includes a Flash teaser and a first look at the new poster.
- Sony Pictures and Marvel Studios have revealed the teaser poster for Ghost Rider at Comic-Con. Also check out this high resolution teaser of Ghost Rider himself.
- New Line Cinema has hired Takashi Shimizu (Ju-On, The Grudge) to direct Parasyte, based on a 12-part Manga comic book series by Hitosi Iwaaki. The film will combinine live action and CGI.
- Seems like Halle Berry won't shut up about X-Men 3 and the future (or lack there of) the series and SHH has the quotes.
- Microsoft and Marvel announced
a licensing agreement that will give Microsoft exclusive rights to
develop and publish massively multiplayer online games (MMOGs)
featuring Marvel's iconic universe of superheroes for use in games
developed for the Xbox 360(TM) system.
- X-Men 3 is scheduled to begin shooting at Vancouver Film Studios on August 2nd.
- Chistopher Reeves's widow Dana is launching a new range of Superman dog tags, which will be sold next week, begining July 18th across America to raise funds for the Christopher Reeve Paralysis Foundation.
- SHH has an update on the big screen adaptation of Will Eisner's The Spirit
comic book from a Comic-Con 2005 panel. Since they are only in the
early stages of pre-production, there wasn't a lot of news. There's
still no director, star, or production designer yet.