- The Perfect Man: Hilary Duff wants to stop her dizzy slut of a mom (Heather Locklear) from packing the family up and moving every time she gets dumped. This somehow involves Mr. Big, Carson from Queer Eye, and an impromptu dance number. Wacky! I'm so there.
- Me and You and Everyone We Know: A. O. Scott is moved to strip all obfuscation from his critique of Miranda July's award winner: "I like it very much, and I hope you will, too." It opens exclusively at the just-opened IFC Center in Manhattan, and goes wide(r) next week.
- Heights: Meanwhile, Manohla is moved, albeit in a less pleasant way, to invoke Sartre, who "famously wrote that "hell is other people." It is not a well-known fact that the people he was specifically referring to are the men and women in the film Heights."
- My Summer of Love: Also on Tony's go-to list is this little English film about two teenage girls in love, and the born-again Christian brother trying to save them. One of the girls is almost naked in this clip of the film on the Focus Feature site.
- The Talent Given Us: Another docu-indie hybrid, with the director tailing his real-life family on a road trip taken ostensibly to visit him.
- Batman Begins: Wait - he's a man, but he dresses like a bat? That sounds, uh, subversive.
- 12 Actors You Forgot Were Child Stars - POPSUGAR
- Here's a Look at DC's 'Superman v. Batman' versus Marvel - HitFix
- 'Star Wars: Episode 7' Villains Revealed? - ScreenCrush
- Honest Trailers: 'Ghostbusters' (video) - ScreenJunkies
- Everything We Know About 'The Avengers 2: Age of Ultron' - Vulture
- Why 1999 Was the Best VMAs of All Time - POPSUGAR
- The Highs & Lows of the 2014 Emmys - Vulture
- 19 Amazing Kristen Wiig Moments From 'Bridesmaids' - POPSUGAR
- Woody Harrelson & Matthew McConaughey Charm at the Emmys - Vulture
- Superman & Lois Lane Take the Ice Bucket Challenge - ScreenCrush
Around the web
Stay Connected with Moviefone
Download the Free App!