- Leonardo DiCaprio wants to star in For Whom the Bell Tolls, but he's waiting for Warner Brothers to hire a director before officially signing up.
- Robert Koehler says Lords of Dogtown's skateboarding scenes rule, but the film is a "wipeout once the pic skids into melodrama and an overly schematic sense of how success tore the group apart."
- Miramax distribution chief Mike Ruditsky will follow Bob n' Harvey to their new company on September 30. The three will over see the release of a handful of Miramax films before they go, including Proof and Terry Gilliam's The Brothers Grimm.
- Oscar winning documentarian Murray Lerner will direct a Roger Daltrey/Pete Townsend sanctioned Who doc; the surviving band members are asking fans to contribute any and all archival footage at www.thewhomovie.com
- Denzel Washington and Billy Crystal are using their star power to drive up ticket prices on Broadway; unsurprisingly, theatergoers don't mind paying.
- FX paid NBC Universal $20 million for four-year exclusive rights on Ray and three other titles.
- 'Big Hero 6' Directors Reveal Story Behind Wild New Trailer - Moviefone
- GM Almost Screwed Up 'Toy Story,' 'Cars,' & More - AutoBlog
- Colin Farrell, Taylor Kitsch Rumored for 'True Detective' - ScreenCrush
- Honest Trailers: 'Divergent' (Video) - ScreenJunkies
- 25 Best Romantic Comedies Since 'When Harry Met Sally' - Vulture
- 11 Loose Ends on 'True Blood' - POPSUGAR
- 10 Ways 'A Hard Day's Night' Changed the World - Vulture
- 20 Summer Romance Movies to Stream Now - POPSUGAR
- New 'The Walking Dead' Season 5 Photos - ScreenCrush
- What We Already Know About 'Star Wars: Episode VII' - POPSUGAR
Around the web
Stay Connected with Moviefone
Download the Free App!